You know that it’s rare when I make someone else’s recipe, but I’ve seen this Amish recipe a few times and noticed that it had a nice high rating. I wanted to give it a try. Quick prep time makes these a wonderful every-day dessert. Lightly sweet, barely crispy on the outside while chewy on the inside makes these cookies pretty perfect.
The original recipe is below. It was perfect as is. The only thing I changed was to use my large cookie scoop and bake for 11- 11 ½ minutes. Yielded 46 Larger cookies.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, oil and sugars. Beat in eggs until well blended. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Drop by small teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 5 dozen. I USED MY LARGE SCOOP AND BAKED FOR 11 MINUTES.
Please remember to Like our Posts and Follow Chew Wanna Eat? for more great recipes, home hacks, gardening, and health information! You won’t be sorry.
By Tika for CHEW WANNA EAT? © 2017