Delightfully sweet and crunchy, these wonderful and super easy pecans feature cinnamon, brown sugar, and a touch of salt. They take no time at all to make, and everyone loves them. Put them in cute little jars and top them with a piece of gingham. Wrap with a ribbon and you have an instant gift! Or just eat them yourself.
For great information on the values of eating nuts, please read this article: http://www.hudsonpecan.com/15-amazing-benefits-pecans-skin-hair-health/
YIELD: About 6 cups
¾ cup granulated sugar
¾ cup light brown sugar
4 ½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp salt
6 cups (about 1 ½ lbs) pecan halves, unsalted
1 egg white
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 ½ tsp water
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add sugars, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk until combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg white, vanilla, and water together until frothy. Add the pecans and gently toss until the pecans are well coated. Add the sugar and cinnamon mixture and toss until pecans are covered.
- Spread the pecans out in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake for about 40-45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. The sugar mixture will harden on the pecans.
- Remove from the oven and let the pecans cool on the baking sheet. When completely cool, store in an airtight container.
PLEASE remember to follow us for more great recipes.
By Tika for CHEW WANNA EAT? © 2015