A delicious soft cookie with a subtle taste of lemon.
YIELD: 16 cookies
- 1 cup + 1 TBSP all-purpose flour
- 6 Tablespoons salted butter, softened
- 2 ½ ounces cream cheese, softened (use markings on side of package for easy measuring)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- ½ Teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ Teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 Teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup frozen blueberries (Craisins or raspberries are fantastic too!)
Line two baking sheets or a half baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone sheets, and set aside.
Beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add sugar and beat about 2 min.
Add egg, lemon zest, salt, lemon juice, both extracts, and beat well.
Add flour and beat on low speed until just incorporated.
Fold in white chocolate until combined. Add frozen blueberries, which will be partially thawed by now. (NOTE: If you prefer the blueberries to be swirled, don’t be so gentle with them. (I wanted them left whole).
Preheat oven now to 350*
Using a medium cookie dough scoop or two tablespoons place cookie dough balls on prepared baking sheets. I left them in a mound because it was near impossible to shape them. They will flatten and take on a cookie shape as they bake. Bake cookies for about 15 minutes or until tops are firm.
Cool in pan for 2 -3 min then place on cooling racks.
PLEASE SHARE, FOLLOW US