HOW TO PICK A GOOD WATERMELON
- Look for the Large Yellow Spot – This is where the watermelon was laying in the field. Make sure it’s a decent size and is yellow.
- Give it a Good Thump – You want to make sure it sounds hollow.
- Dull Outside – You want to make sure the outside of the watermelon looks dull and not shiny. A shiny watermelon means its not ripe.
- Lift it Up – You want to make sure it’s heavy for it’s size, which means it has a ton of water in it (what you want!!)
- Nice Oval Shape – A uniform-shaped watermelon shows that it got the perfect amount of sunshine and water.
- Bee Stings and White Scars – Look for these little guys. These little marks show that it’s sweet enough that even the bees were trying to get to the inside. The stings look like brown lines or dots on the melon.